- Personal Injury
- Criminal and Traffic Defense
Dave Sparr is a long time resident of Oshkosh. He attended Oshkosh High School (now Oshkosh West) and graduated from the University of Wisconsin Oshkosh before obtaining his law degree from the University of Wisconsin Law School. Dave has been practicing law in Oshkosh since 1978. He and his wife, Diane, live in Oshkosh. Their two children, Eric, who also graduated from law school at UW-Madison, and Jessica, who is a business analyst in Minneapolis also grew up in Oshkosh. Dave has been a member or chair of the Downtown Oshkosh Business Employment Improvement District since 2000.
Dave and his wife, Diane, fell in love with Madison while attending grad school and law school. We came to Madison many weekends over the years for activities, such as the Great Taste of the Midwest, arts events, sports events, and the Saturday Farmers market, for restaurants, and for bicycling on Madison’s great bike trails. We purchased a condo in 2009 so we could spend more time in Madison versus traveling to other cities for bike trips and entertainment and operated a branch law office there for 10 years. We still handle personal injury claims from the Madison area.
Our firm consists of a team of lawyers and assistants who are dedicated to the principle of people helping people. Unlike many trial law firms, we do not represent insurance companies. Our firm is always available to provide information and advice to clients.
Dave serves as an arbitrator in personal injury cases and is a member of the Winnebago County Bar Association, the State Bar of Wisconsin, the City of Oshkosh Business Improvement District, the Wisconsin Association for Justice, and acts as local referral counsel for the National Education Association and the Wisconsin Education Association Council Attorney Referral program. Dave has testified as an expert in farm accident and legal malpractice cases.
Our motto of WE CAN HELP is taken seriously by all firm members. Contact our office to speak with a law firm that genuinely cares about you. We look forward to helping!
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin
- University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh, Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- Honors: Dean’s List
- Major: Anthropology
- Major: Sociology
- Attended UW-Madison Ph D program in Anthropology prior to law school
- Wisconsin, 1978
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin, 1978
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 1978
Classes & Seminars
- Tort Seminar, Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, 1992 to 1992
- Personal Injury Class Lectures, University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh, 1998
- Oshkosh Arts Assn. & Gallery Walks, 1998 to 2017
- Oshkosh Business Improvement District, 2000 to Present
- Crime Stoppers, Treasurer, 1994 to 2002
- National Education Assn. Lawyer Referral Program Member, 1987-Present
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, Member, 1981 to 2006
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Member, 2006 to Present
- Wisconsin Academy of Trial Lawyers, Director, 1988 to 1998
- Wisconsin Association for Justice, Litigation Section, 1988 to Present
- Downtown Oshkosh Business Improvement District, 2000 to Present
- Oshkosh Arts, Board Member, 2001 to 2007
- American Association for Justice, Member, 1998 to 2007
- State Bar of Wisconsin, Member, 1978 to Present
- Rental Property Management-Advice to Property Owners
- Works as Arbitrator for Attorneys on Personal Injury Claims
Current Employment Position
- Of Counsel Member of Sparr, Belville & Brown, LLC, 2020
- State of Wisconsin, Dept of Consumer Protection, 1976 to 1978
- Curtis, Mackenzie, Vander Loop & Sparr, Attorney and Shareholder, 1978 to 1984
- Williams, Schultz, Sparr & King, Partner, 1984 to 1998
- David K. Sparr & Associates, SC, President, 1998 to 2019