We all know that we should not text and drive, but sometimes it can be hard not to. App developers have decided to step up and help America with the problem of distracted driving. One way to combat the distractions is by using one of these safe driving apps:
1. DriveMode silences all alerts from your phone and can send auto-replies once your car hits 15mph. In addition, parents can sign up to receive alerts when the app becomes enabled and disabled by their children. This app is free, easy to use, and available on both Android and iOS.
2. EverDrive Do you love competition? This app may be for you! You can compete with your friends to see who the safest driver can be! The app rates you on acceleration, braking, turning, speed, and cell phone use. Available for free on Android and iOS.
3. LifeSaver is available for free on Android and iOS! It runs silently in the background until you start driving. This app can be used to track distracted driving. It has a unique portal that includes a rewards system for drivers!
4. TrueMotion Family is available on both Android and iOS for free. Each car trip is graded on a 100-point scale, allowing you to measure driving improvement over time and see where your weaknesses are. One of the factors considered on the app is distracted driving. You can see if the driver has engaged in certain behaviors, such as texting, driving, or even changing the song.
5. TextDrive is free, but only available on Android. It is simply an autoresponder. The app will send an automatic text back when someone calls or texts you while you are behind the wheel. You can set up a custom message or reply using a voice command.